Here we go.

22 June 2009

Yard Sale!!! ------------------>

It was a hot, sunny day. There were endless cups of iced sun tea & all of the blueberry muffins you could eat..."YARD" SALE 2009!

What's an Arkansas yard sale w/o a gun?





What surprises me about yard sales is what you think will sell and what actually sells. A long time ago, my co-worker gave me this hideous lighter from Las Vegas. It's only redeeming quality was that it was a refillable butane lighter & I'm all about reusing things. I hated the stupid thing & am unsure why I've kept it all of these years. So, I put it in the sale thinking "Ain't no way" and made myself promise not to sell it to some kid. It totally sold!  Like it was one of the first things to go!  Then there's KMHD's potpourri that she received years ago as a gift from an employer. That stuff sold, too! In fact, I think it was the same person who bought that uggo lighter! The thing that didn't sell that I thought would be the first to go was the "Amish" fireplaces that we happened to have two of. Also, some people looked at our little garden more than they did the actual yard sale! What? I whup you! Back off, folks, those tomatoes are MINE!

Not that the yard sale was a failure, but it wasn't a sparkling success either. I suspect location was part of it; we were in between the neighborhoods of Capitol View & downtown. Too, Zach thinks that people prefer yard sales that are @ a house in known neighborhoods. And maybe advertising could have been better. Despite the lower than expected turn-out, I had a good time & I've got the heat stroke to prove it! Stay posted for Yard Sale 2009 II!

So, the 4th of July snuck up on all of us. We're standing here with our pants down with no plans! What's up with that?! As much as I'd love to be near a body of water, I don't think it'll happen. In fact, I can foresee being near a sizzlin' grill, so I guess I should start perusing my best recipes for a cookout hoedown. Maybe we should do that shrimp boil I've been talking about for nearly half a year+.

Tyler, a new friend of mine who kicks ass, invited me, ATM & KHMD to the soft opening of The House this evening. Very stoked! I've never been to a soft opening, so I feel totally hip.

5 comments:

Alannah said...

I would rilly rilly rilly like it if y'all came up to Eureka Springs some weekend, where we could try all sorts of restaurants, swim in semi-private swimming holes, go for a horseback ride (if that's your scene, man), hang out in my favorite insane hippie/hillbilly dive bar in the world, and take old timey photos.

Just think about it. Let this be a seed I'm planting in your "making plans" interior garden.

boleroid said...

My inner Beavis is laughing at "soft opening." huh huh. huh huh. huh.

AMD & KMHD said...

uh huh huh-huh, huh huh huuuuh huh-huh.

but, seriously, alannah, i want to do all of those things. i love horses -- used to go mountain camping with them!

late july?

kmhd said...

I think it's funny we were able to muster up a gun for the sale.

One of my favorite moments was when atm's Kenneth Cole boots sold. The guy wore them right out of there with his old shoes in his hands and boy did he really need a new pair. I was reminded of the Shawshank Redemption: I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a mans shoes?
Also, when Luke brushed his teeth with the garden hose.

Your sun iced tea was singlehandedly responsible for keeping us hydrated. Thank you for everything: showing up at 6 am, bearing food, fruit, newspaper, drank and your sense of humor that I am blessed to be privy to.

“Why have you hung on to that?” I had a feeling the potpourri would sell. People are weird. I'm pretty sure the fireplaces are going on Craigslist.

Yard Sale 2009 Part Deux!

Um, “What up, Henry Lee?” Burn!

Alannah said...

If I am not on a bus with 20 African students on our way to Wash. DC then YES, late July! Otherwise...August?

Blog Archive